Re: [jakartabatch-dev] Ideas on expanding TCK to include tests for both with and without JobOperator bean in test app variations ?

A couple responses in follow-up to this:

1. For the SE path through the TCK, I put together a PR that added a second Maven module to construct the classpath with (vs. without) the app (TCK)-provided JobOperator bean.    Still a bit awkward since the execution instructions now require a second failsafe execution in the Maven build, but less ugly than my idea to add a second artifact to one module via classifier.

It's  here:  https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/batch-tck/pull/33  if anyone wants to take a look.

2.  I think I need to backtrack.   I'm not sure the EE/platform description I mentioned:

    >  the JUnit 5 layer is the TCK "core" and that the Arquillian extension is just a way to bridge from JUnit 5 into a remote/managed Arquillian container.

is the best way forwards.    That's because to reach equivalence with the existing Platform TCK, we need to do the platform testing out of BOTH a servlet and an EJB context.     So we either would have to invent a mechanism to add the servlet/EJB paths in the JUnit 5 core layer (i.e. create something like the "vehicles" in the Platform TCK) or rely on Arquillian to provide the "bridge" to execute within each servlet/EJB context.

I like the idea of relying on Arquillian and don't expect this will be a barrier to anyone certifying against the Platform.     Remember too an implementation can choose to simply certify against our standalone Batch TCK in "SE mode" rather than the full Platform "EE mode".

More of this discussion on Slack with Romain & Ondro:  https://eclipsefoundationhq.slack.com/archives/C02K9FX2ETA/p1641227943000100?thread_ts=1639785463.000500&cid=C02K9FX2ETA

Scott Kurz
WebSphere / Open Liberty Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx

Inactive hide details for "Scott Kurz" ---01/03/2022 09:36:26 AM---Hi all.. hope everyone had a good holiday and New Year's. As"Scott Kurz" ---01/03/2022 09:36:26 AM---Hi all.. hope everyone had a good holiday and New Year's. As we aim to wrap up Batch 2.1 this month,