From: jakartabatch-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartabatch-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scott Kurz <skurz@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 24 March 2020 22:55
To: jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartabatch-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakartabatch-dev] The official way to run the TCK?

Hi Ondro,

Thanks for the suggestion and sorry we didn't already have more obvious pointers to what's what.

If you go back far enough (~2013), the original standalone TCK used Ant and the Maven execution of the runtime (TestNG) tests was added later as an informal/unofficial convenience.

But we never built a Maven execution for the SigTest (signature) tests.  I remember at the time there was some annoying difference btw. IBM and Oracle JDK/JRE layout, but I'm sure there's no reason we couldn't address this, (and also update the doc and sample config).    So we left the Ant-based runtime execution (since we did it first), though I'm sure most people now will use the Maven approach.

with a bit more detail).

One more note:  because this is all so complicated we include sample config for running against the com.ibm.jbatch impl, being careful to distinguish these pieces from the rest of the TCK

So, if you still think your PR would be useful let me know and I can take a look.

Scott Kurz
WebSphere Batch and Developer Experience
skurz@xxxxxxxxxx