[jakarta.ee-wg] Nomination for the LJC to the Jakarta EE Steering Committee as a Participant member

Hi all,

I can't remember what we usually send in for these but JIC here's our details: Name: Martijn Verburg

Title: Co-Leader

Email: martijnverburg@xxxxxxxxx

Address: 24 Ronaldshay, Florence Road, Harringey, London, Greater London, N4 3AW, UK

Phone: +447493765914

Biography: Martijn Verburg is the co-leader of the London Java User Group
(LJC), and helps lead the global effort of Java User Group members who
contribute to JSRs (Adopt a JSR) and OpenJDK (Adopt OpenJDK).

Martijn is on the JCP EC as an LJC representative and is a regular speaker on advanced Java and team topics.

Qualification Statement

Alongside SouJava, the LJC does its best to represent large parts of the global JUG community (400K+ devs). We run "Adopt a JSR", "Adopt OpenJDK" to improve day-to-day developer participation in Java standards. During our initial tenure on the Jakarta EE Steering Committee we focused on doing our best to represent the voice of the day to day Jakarta EE developer with the aim of bringing as much clarity to the ecosystem around versioning, roadmaps, IP and licensing issues and the collaboration with MicroProfile.

Jakarta EE continues to be a vital technology at the heart of Enterprise Java. If re-elected, we will continue to technically scrutinize specifications, encourage innovation whilst ensuring compatibility so that developers have the widest choice possible.

Cheers,
Martijn

Back to the top