[jakarta.ee-wg] Jakarta EE Marketing and Brand Committee - Participant Member Representative - Election Announcement

The Jakarta EE Working Group Charter identifies the various Committees that drive the facets of the working group for which elected positions are to be filled.

You may recall from the elections held in May, 2020, the Participant Member representative (one seat) was filled by way of acclamation; however, the seat remains empty today.

At this time, the Jakarta EE Marketing Committee has passed a resolution to initiate an election to fill that vacant seat until the next election period.

Through this email, we are announcing the Eclipse Foundation will hold an election on behalf of the working group using the proposed timetable listed below as per the Marketing Committee’s request. This mimics the process used by other working groups as well as the Eclipse Foundation itself for filling elected positions on our Board.

All members are encouraged to consider nominating someone from a Participant Member for the position and self-nominations are more than welcome. You will find the Participant Members listed here.  The nomination period is open and runs until January 15, 2021.

Nominations should be sent to this mailing list with the subject line of “Jakarta EE Working Group Marketing Committee - Participant Member Election”.

Once nominations are closed, we will inform the working group of the confirmed candidates standing for participant members providing a short bio for each along with their position statement.  At that point, we will distribute ballots via email to those eligible to vote.  The election process will follow the Eclipse “Single Transferable Vote” method, as defined in the Eclipse Bylaws.

The winning candidate will be announced on this mailing list shortly after close of election.

Election Schedule:

Call for Nominations: January 4 - 15, 2021

Announce Candidates Standing:  January 20, 2021

Ballot Distribution (Election):  January 25 - February 3, 2021
Announce Participant Member Representative:  February 5, 2021

Please reach out if there are any questions at all.

Best Regards,

Sharon Corbett
Program Director, Working Group Operations
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Back to the top