[jakarta.ee-wg] Is backward incompatibility change allowed in Jakarta EE?

In Java EE time, backward incompatible changes are not allowed. I am wondering whether Jakarta EE still carries this requirement or to be a little of more innovative and then allows backward incompatible changes. There are cons/pros for either option. Thoughts?

p.s. namespace changes are one exceptional. I am looking at Jakarta EE10 and above releases.
--
Thanks
Emily

Back to the top