Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Messaging for CodeOne/EclipseCon

While I do not have the time to pull the infos, I can push mine: At JAX-RS I'm driving towards Java SE, CDI 2, Microservices, Cloud Computing, Edge Computing, Embedded Computing. I assume other committers would use the same buzzwords. What we can actually deliver and when is open (besides Java SE, which is done already).

-Markus

From: jakarta.ee-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jakarta.ee-wg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of David Blevins
Sent: Montag, 24. September 2018 08:12
To: Jakarta EE Working Group; EE4J PMC Discussions
Subject: [jakarta.ee-wg] Messaging for CodeOne/EclipseCon

Hello community,

Normally at the former JavaOne there'd be a section of the keynote dedicated to Java EE which usually included messaging like theme, roadmap, focus area.  This would usually get repeated in various panel sessions, etc.  This is easier to do when direction is dictated.  This topic came up in the Jakarta EE Steering Committee and everyone universally felt a dictated message was not appropriate and we should do our best to pull something together as a community.

Are there any volunteers who are willing to help collect some technical direction from the various projects?  I.e. what would people in the project want people at the conference to know?

We have about 15-20 calendar days we can spend on this before we run out of runway.  In other words: actions are better than ideas.  Feel encouraged to take the initiative in your respective project.

-David

Back to the top