I'm not aware of any specific intent to move Jetty. Certainly not without involving the project team.

I believe that this is an issue to be discussed/decided between the Jetty project and the EE4J PMC.

Wayne

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 1:50 PM, Jesse McConnell <jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Seeing Glassfish in there, since Eclipse Jetty implements the servlet-api, does this mean the intent is to move Jetty under the EE4J umbrella in this context?

--
jesse mcconnell
jesse.mcconnell@xxxxxxxxx

On Wed, Mar 28, 2018 at 12:46 PM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@eclipse-foundation.org> wrote:
On 2018-03-28 1:32 PM, Markus KARG wrote:

(1) Does that imply that all TCKs end up in one project, or is that what project you talk about only holding the umbrella spec's own TCK?

All of the TCKs are going to be initially contributed by Oracle in one project. What happens after that will be determined by the PMC.

(2) What is the difference between Jakarta EE projects and EE4J projects?

EE4J is the top-level project where the work on the RIs and TCKs happen. Jakarta EE is a brand.

This table from my blog helps explain it, as does this Twitter thread.

Old Name New Name
Java EE Jakarta EE
Glassfish Eclipse Glassfish
Java Community Process (JCP) [*] Jakarta EE Working Group (Jakarta EE)
Oracle development management Eclipse Enterprise for Java (EE4J)
Project Management Committee (PMC)