Re: [jakarta.ee-wg] Jakarta EE Champions

Actually, yes.  I registered both twitter handles if that came up.

Not surprised you're the one to mention it :)

On Thu, Mar 22, 2018 at 7:34 AM Kevin Sutter <kwsutter@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Just a nit, but would it be more forward thinking to call these "Jakarta Champions"?  Just to allow future expansion beyond EE?  Other than that, I like the idea.

--  Kevin

On Tue, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:09 AM, Mike Milinkovich <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2018-03-19 9:59 PM, David Blevins wrote:
Perhaps even directly tying funds from Influencers to funding for the program and letting the Influencers *run* the program could 1) solve a few perception issues, 2) give Influencers something substantial to do, and 3) provide motivation for independents to push for more influencers as they would be directly affected by any funding or lack thereof.

It wouldn't be perceived as funding spent on vendors, but money spent on them.  With the program funding tied exclusively to Influencers, it is what it is.  If people are unhappy about the level of support they're getting as champions, the industry is the one who has to answer.  As a champion, you would have some influence over that.  Everyone's motivations would be linked so the right things can happen.

That sounds like a pretty good idea.

So far we have zero Influencer Members, so we have a ways to go on that front.

-David