Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] [DISCUSS] Progress Review for Jakarta EE 11

Exactly.

We just need anyone to show up with any of the allowed JDKs and we can ship the final release.

Here are some references to the EFSP text changes:

EFSP 1.0, 1.1 and 1.2 did require all optional parts to be implemented and tested.  In particular these lines were all removed in version 1.3 to fix this:

  - "A Specification may describe parts as being optional. Optional parts of a Specification must not conflict with one another; it must be possible for a Compatible Implementation to implement all optional parts."
  -  "All parts of a Specification, including optional parts, should be covered by the TCK."
  -  "A Specification Version must identify at least one Compatible Implementation under an Open Source License that implements all optional elements of the Specification and fulfills the requirements of all elements (including optional elements) of the TCK."

Those revisions:

It was basically us (Jakarta EE) that drove that removal specifically because of the lack of fairness, both to GlassFish and to other implementations.