Da: jakarta.ee-spec <jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> per conto di Edward Burns via jakarta.ee-spec <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Inviato: mercoledì 18 ottobre 2023 18:22
A: jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakartaee-spec-project-leads@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Edward Burns via jakarta.ee-spec <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Edward Burns <Edward.Burns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Oggetto: [jakarta.ee-spec] Heads-up: Get your specs ready for release review by 2024-01-30 (94 days from now)

On 2023-08-03, Ed wrote:

Executive Summary

At the platform project weekly meeting on 2023-07-25, we put a stake in the ground to say that all Jakarta EE 11 component specs should be ready to start their release review by 2024-01-30 at the latest.

Details

Now that we have received the plans, and the plans have been approved by the Specification Committee, it is time to get started working toward a release. To deliver Jakarta EE 11 on time, we would like all component specifications to be ready for release review by 2024-01-30. Please don't hesitate to let us know at the earliest time if this deadline is not achievable.

This date was picked to give component specs that are heavily exposed to the Java SE 21 release sufficient time after that release to tie up all their SE 21 exposures.

If you can get your spec done before 2024-01-30, please do.

Thanks,

Ed

Nearly 90 days have elapsed. How’s it going? I hope you are all making progress toward getting your specs ready for release review.  I want to bring your attention to the new Spec versioning, change, and deprecation process: Jakarta EE Specification Versioning, Change, and Deprecation Process | The Eclipse Foundation.  Please consider this as you author your spec updates for EE 11.

Thanks,

Ed

| edburns@xxxxxxxxxxxxx | office: +1 954 727 1095

| Calendar Booking: https://aka.ms/meetedburns

| Please don't feel obliged to read or reply to this e-mail outside

| of your normal working hours.

| Reply anonymously to this email: https://purl.oclc.org/NET/edburns/contact

Back to the top