[jakarta.ee-spec] Jakarta EE Spec Committee Approved Meeting Minutes - July 13th, 2022

Jakarta EE Spec Committee - July 13th, 2022

Attendees (present in bold):

Kenji Kazumura - Fujitsu

Tom Watson - IBM - Emily Jiang

Ed Bratt - Oracle - Dmitry Kornilov

Andrew Pielage - Payara - Petr Aubrecht

David Blevins - Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro, Cesar Hernandez

Ivar Grimstad - PMC Representative

Marcelo Ancelmo - Participant Member - Martijn Verburg

Werner Keil - Committer Member

Jun Qian - Primeton - Enterprise Member

Zhai Luchao -  Shandong Cvicse Middleware Co. - Enterprise Member

Eclipse Foundation: Tanja Obradovic, Paul Buck (chair)

Guests: Scott Stark, Scott Marlow

Past business / action items:

  • Approval is requested for the meeting minutes from the June 29th, 2022 meeting as drafted - Approved.

Agenda:

  • Continue to progress the TCK Process update for service releases

    • https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/pull/1496

    • TCK updates, what can be done for point release?

      • Only for exclusion of tests or fix working on new Java SE versions

      • Need clarification on the process

      • Look for e-mail to kick off what may need to change in TCK process and can we apply to EE 10

https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakarta.ee-spec.committee/msg03209.html

Other TCK situations that track back to refactoring of individual TCKs from the Platform TCK will be documented in new issues [Scott S.]

  • Should we do a formal retrospective post Jakarta EE 10?

    • Suggestion: EE 10 will likely require our focus for one more call, then the committee will shift to focus on filling out the roster of “enhancement” issues, discuss, prioritize and plan for how to address

    • Look in to what is needed to allow the project board feature to help us organize the enhancement issues [Marcelo]

Back to the top