Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[] Jakarta EE Spec Committee Approved Meeting Minutes - April 6th, 2022

Jakarta EE Spec Committee - April 6th, 2022

Attendees (present in bold):

Kenji Kazumura - Fujitsu

Tom Watson - IBM - Emily Jiang

Ed Bratt - Oracle - Dmitry Kornilov

Andrew Pielage - Payara - Petr Aubrecht

David Blevins - Tomitribe - Jean-Louis Monteiro, Cesar Hernandez

Ivar Grimstad - PMC Representative

Marcelo Ancelmo - Participant Member - Martijn Verburg

Werner Keil - Committer Member

Jun Qian - Primeton - Enterprise Member

Zhai Luchao -  Shandong Cvicse Middleware Co. - Enterprise Member


Eclipse Foundation: Tanja Obradovic, Paul Buck (chair)

Guests: Scott Stark, Scott Marlow

Past business / action items:

  • Approval is requested for the meeting minutes from the March 23rd, 2022 meeting as drafted - Approved.


Action: Send reminder on release dates and a call to action to project leads, action required now to protect the release date. Scott Stark to send email.

  • Core Profile naming question - Is the "Core Profile" name appropriate given that the canonical associated application type would be a micro service?

The Jakarta EE “Core Profile” name decision was made during the project Creation review, and will not be re-visited now. Focus at this point needs to be on how it is positioned and described in supporting materials for Jakarta EE 10.

On March 23rd the Committee accepted the proposal as documented and presented. 

Next steps, before proceeding to ballot:

  • Add text to explain proposal to the presentation

  • Prepare the draft resolution text

  • Document guidance to projects to when to (and if) to re-align to this proposed structure.

Revisit this topic in light of email discussion that occurred on the mailing list after March 23rd meeting

Action: David and Ivar to document guidelines for projects and link off

  • General guidance on the authorized usage of the jakarta package namespace governed by the Jakarta EE Working Group and the JESP

    • Proposed JESP update authored to provide guidance, see

      • “Use of the `jakarta` namespace is limited to API artifacts (all API jars, javadoc, and schema namespaces). It must not be used for any deployment, including applications, TCKs, tools, libraries, or any other assets produced by Specification Projects."

    • PR was approved by the Jakarta EE Specification Committee on March 9th, see

    • Approved by the Steering Committee on March 29th

    • On April 5th the Executive Director was requested to review the update and consider for approval

      • Executive Director approved the update

Action: Ivar to merge the PR, and webpage to be updated

Spec Committee members to review Tom’s email, respond on the list, and we will pick up this topic in 2 weeks time.

  • Annual call for committee member interest in the Jakarta EE Specification Committee chair position

Back to the top