Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] Moving spec projects to GitHub.com/jakartaee

> On Dec 10, 2021, at 3:07 PM, arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Almost 3 years ago the topic came up in the spec committee calls to move all repos that are currently in github.com/eclipse-ee4j that are the spec APIs and spec documents to github.com/jakartaee.
>
> I'd like to get that process started.
>
> Technically a repo move within Github should be easy enough, though new permissions would have to be installed for all projects and CI bots.
>
> Thoughts?

We voted on it in 2019 and then in 2020 we added it explicitly to our 2021 plan and voted on that plan.  I think we just need to start executing.  I sent about 30 emails like the following in an attempt to add some shape to it and kick off the move in the spec projects.

 - https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-platform-dev/msg02940.html
 - https://www.eclipse.org/lists/messaging-dev/msg00028.html
 - https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-tck-dev/msg01417.html
 - https://www.eclipse.org/lists/ejb-dev/msg00264.html

IMO, each spec group should just start filing the "move my repo" tickets when the time is good for them -- ideally sooner than later.

-David

Back to the top