Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] Updating spec pages (was: Fwd: [jakartaee/specifications] Nosql Status update (#333))

Hi David,

The point you are making regarding patent protection is a red herring. Here's why, the patent protection is only available to compatible implementations of a ratified final specification and those that are compliant with the EF Specification License and TCK License.  An in-progress (or under development) specification offers no such protection to an implementer.

That said, I think it would be helpful to note on the spec pages that link to artifacts under development that they are not final and therefore not made available for creating compatible implementations. No doubt the language of my note here can be improved.

Thanks ... Paul