From:        "Kevin Sutter" <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "Jakarta EE Specification Community Discussions" <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        02/24/2021 16:02
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [jakarta.ee-spec] [BALLOT] JESP 1.3 Update for Service Releases
Sent by:        "jakarta.ee-spec" <jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx>

I hereby request that the Specification Committee vote to approve the proposed update to the Jakarta EE Specification Process (JESP) per this PR:
https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/pull/1050
You can view the changed files via this link:

https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/pull/1050/files
In a more readable format, the main file change was related to defining how to process a Service Release:

https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/pull/1050/files?short_path=ca4e4d0#diff-ca4e4d07d532478d48c9f620d6c4c23f0691661129ce134e53b4644c7a6ded19
A more readable format of the whole, updated JESP can be found here:

https://deploy-preview-1050--jakartaee.netlify.app/about/jesp/
Please respond to this note with:
+1 to approve;
-1 to reject; or
0 to abstain.
Approving a change to the JESP requires a Super Majority vote of the Spec Committee.  Since the Spec Committee only meets every other week, please log your vote via this email chain by Tuesday, Mar 2, 2021.  A successful vote would like to be presented to the Steering Committee on Mar 2.  Thank you!

If you do choose to reject or abstain, I would appreciate a short (one or two sentence) explanation.
FYI, a corresponding change to the Operations Guide will also be merged when the JESP update is approved:

https://github.com/jakartaee/jakarta.ee/pull/1047

Kevin Sutter
STSM, Jakarta EE and MicroProfile architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

Part-time schedule: Tue, Wed, Thu (off on Mon and Fri)