Von: reza_rahman
Gesendet: Dienstag, 13. Oktober 2020 16:20
An: Jakarta specification discussions
Betreff: Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] BALLOT: Approval of the plan for JakartaNoSQL1.0

To be honest, I think the likelihood is very small Microsoft would help much with Jakarta NoSQL. From my personal perspective, it feels the basic focus now honestly is still on Java EE and strengthening the partnerships with the major Java EE runtimes vendors. Now, of course I know without moving Jakarta EE forward, the runway for that work stream may be pretty uncertain.

I am trying to help Jakarta NoSQL from the community end the best I can. I think employees at vendors and users could seek to do the same. Where I think help is most needed right now is the website, documentation, samples, real world testing, evaluation and adoption. Based on my limited evaluation so far, the technology itself seems to be OK although it definitely feels immature. That's why I say it still needs about six months to really enter the Jakarta EE mainstream. For example, I am not sure how to reconcile that the entire graph communication layer has a heavy Apache project dependency.

I do think it can get there with some real good faith help.

Reza Rahman