From:        arjan tijms <arjan.tijms@xxxxxxxxx>
To:        servlet-spec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc:        Jakarta specification disccusions <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        01/20/2020 06:47
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] [servlet-spec] New features in EE9 for        Servlet-API 5.0?
Sent by:        jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

My understanding is that if we absolutely want, we can. But then we do have to diverge from the EE 9 release plan and create our own plan (and engage in review for that etc).

As we can followup with a 5.1 immediately after 5.0 (there's no time limit, could even be days), my preference would be for 5.0 to be a rename release only.

Kind regards,
Arjan