[jakarta.ee-spec] Verifying that there is a zero cost way for committers to participate in specification projects

While looking into what resources are available to contribute to the JAXB and JAX-WS specs in terms of updates, two of the main contributors to Apache CXF have indicated that they cannot work on these specification projects because their company(~200M in revenue) is unwilling to pay the $20k fee required by the current participation agreement:

When I went through the various levels of membership, it seems like they could come in as committer members at both the Eclipse Foundation and Jakarta EE Working Group levels and have a zero dollar cost to participate in these specifications. Am I correct in that reading of these various documents defining the requirements for a Specification Project member?

Back to the top