Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] 3 specs apidocs are inconsistent with other

Hi,

Might be the case indeed, with JDK 11+ it becomes more of a small client application including a search feature.

There was some conflicting info whether the generation mattered, as it was said at one point everything would be re-generated anyway (or maybe I misunderstood). Just to be sure I had at some point re-generated everything using JDK 8.

On Sat, Sep 7, 2019 at 3:01 PM Steve Millidge (Payara) <steve.millidge@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I noticed when doing Concurrency that there is a difference depending on whether the javadocs were generated with JDK 8 or JDK 11. Perhaps it is that?

From: jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Scott Stark <starksm64@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 06 September 2019 10:49 PM
To: Jakarta specification disccusions <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [jakarta.ee-spec] 3 specs apidocs are inconsistent with other

There are some apidocs that are not using frames to display the “normal” view of the javadocs. One example is persistence:
Which has an apidocs content of:
Scotts-iMacPro:specifications starksm$ ls persistence/2.2/apidocs/
allclasses-index.html member-search-index.zip
allclasses.html overview-summary.html
allpackages-index.html overview-tree.html
constant-values.html package-search-index.js
deprecated-list.html package-search-index.zip
doc-files resources
element-list script.js
help-doc.html search.js
index-all.html serialized-form.html
index.html stylesheet.css
javax type-search-index.js
jquery type-search-index.zip

vs annotations for example:

Which as
Scotts-iMacPro:specifications starksm$ ls annotations/1.3/apidocs/
allclasses-frame.html help-doc.html overview-summary.html
allclasses-noframe.html index-all.html overview-tree.html
constant-values.html index.html package-list
deprecated-list.html javax script.js
doc-files overview-frame.html stylesheet.css

I’m not sure why these contents are different. The majority of the projects are using the frames approach.
The ones that are not are:

Jsonp
Persistence
Restful-ws