Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] BALLOT: Approval to release Jakarta Transactions 1.3.3

Thanks for the link!

On Thu, 29 Aug 2019 at 13:53, Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Tom,
The change to Jakarta Transactions 1.3 (from 1.2) was done on purpose.  As you have outlined, there were some changes to separate the Java SE aspect of Transactions from the Java EE Transactions.  This was done post Java EE 8 in preparation for Jakarta EE 8.  We have documented this update in a new appendix on the Platform spec:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jakartaee-platform/blob/master/specification/src/main/asciidoc/platform/SpecificationComparison.adoc

You may have found some other nits (from your notes below), but the basic question about the 1.3 release should be answered.  Thanks.

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        Tom Jenkinson <tom.jenkinson@xxxxxxxxxx>
To:        Jakarta specification disccusions <jakarta.ee-spec@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        08/29/2019 06:03 AM
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] Re: [jakarta.ee-spec] BALLOT: Approval to release Jakarta Transactions 1.3.3
Sent by:        jakarta.ee-spec-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Assuming the removal of the XA package and the addition of the automatic module name for JDK9 are changes we would still like to keep, I have just checked and https://github.com/jakartaee/specifications/pull/26/files#diff-9b1644e02c8c6609df2222a56d1f9233R83and found it matches what I believe are the values shown in the Java EE 8 Javadocs https://javaee.github.io/javaee-spec/javadocs/serialized-form.html#javax.transaction.HeuristicCommitExceptionso perhaps this is fine too?