Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [jakarta.ee-future-directions] Jakarta EE Future Directions Group Meeting - September 2026

Hello, Mike and others,

I won't be able to join tomorrow. I hope we can schedule a follow-up call later to progress with this topic. It would also be good to invite John Clingan, Roberto Cortez and Emily Yiang as they previously expressed concerns about merging the working groups. We could work with them to find out how to progress and resolve those concerns.

All the best,
Ondro Mihalyi

Director, Jakarta EE expert
OmniFish - Modern Jakarta EE Runtimes | www.omnifish.ee


On Wed, Sep 23, 2026 at 9:14 AM Tobias Frech via jakarta.ee-future-directions <jakarta.ee-future-directions@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi and thanks for the reminder. This is a very busy time slot and I hope I can make it to the call.

This is a quite important topic for iJUG e.V. so I am happy it was resurrected.

With the following list am I looking at the proper and most important resources for discussions and decision making?


Jakarta EE:

Jakarta EE Platform Project Meeting Minutes
https://jakartaee.github.io/platform/minutes/minutes.html

Jakarta EE mailing lists
https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-platform-dev/
https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakarta.ee-spec/
https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakarta.ee-wg/
https://www.eclipse.org/lists/jakartaee-spec-project-leads/
and many more like this one

Issue Tracker
https://github.com/jakartaee/platform/issues?q=is%3Aissue%20sort%3Aupdated-desc


Microprofile:

MicroProfile Steering Committee Meeting
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1FKOKGwHnS-eHujVKs5BL6U3xCqyoS7P8

MicroProfile Live Hangout Meeting Minutes
https://docs.google.com/document/d/10NQaalqwzgb8ytqBTSECIj2MN-ILHvP8UvEYmoHRmew/edit?tab=t.0

Community Forum
https://groups.google.com/g/microprofile?pli=1

Microprofile WG mailing list
https://www.eclipse.org/lists/microprofile-wg/


Please let me know if I am missing an important resource in the links mentioned above.


TIA

Tobias


Am 22.09.26 um 18:27 schrieb Michael Redlich via jakarta.ee-future-directions:
Folks:

The next Jakarta EE Future Directions meeting will be held on Thursday, September 24, 2026 at 12:00 EDT.

The topic is: The Merger of MicroProfile and Jakarta EE

A proposal to merge MicroProfile into Jakarta EE was initiated in March 2025. Then, in May 2025, there was a discussion on the namespace issue, that is, should the MicroProfile specs retain their respective namespaces? An official ballot was initiated in November 2025 resulting in the proposal to retain the MicroProfile namespaces having failed. The call for the merger was resurrected earlier this month.

This meeting is to discuss this face-to-face, as it were, instead of via email.

We hope to see you there

All the best,

Mike.


--
Code, Test, Write, Cycle, Run, Drink, Sleep ... Repeat
Java Champion
Lead Java Queue Editor, InfoQ
Contract Developer Advocate, Payara

Laissez Les Bon Temps Rouler

_______________________________________________
jakarta.ee-future-directions mailing list
jakarta.ee-future-directions@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://accounts.eclipse.org
-- 
Frech IT GmbH / Am Brünnele 5 / 71642 Ludwigsburg
phone : +49-(0)7141-9113037 / HR B 744851 / AG Stuttgart
Geschäftsführer: Tobias Frech
mobile: +49-(0)172-7112352 / email: tobias@xxxxxxxxxx
_______________________________________________
jakarta.ee-future-directions mailing list
jakarta.ee-future-directions@xxxxxxxxxxx
To unsubscribe from this list, visit https://accounts.eclipse.org

Back to the top