Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Compatibility Matrix with OpenJDK

Hi Edwin,

On Mon, Sep 28, 2020 at 3:55 PM Edwin Derks <ederks85@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Also meaning that if for any arbitrary server Java SE 8 is mentioned there, does it mean that it's not or also Java SE 11 compliant? So I think there's still value if we can provide an overview/matrix for this. What do you guys think?

Unfortunately not. A kind of shortcoming, if you want to call it that, in the TCK rules is that the certification can only be done on the Java SE version for which the TCK is specified.

For Piranha this is specifically troublesome since as a new runtime we don't have a Java SE 8 version, but only a Java SE 14/15 (atm) version. Even if we would pass the TCK, we can't certify as it wasn't done on Java SE 8. I already mentioned this to the Jakarta EE Steering Committee, so hopefully we'll find a solution for this in a future Jakarta EE revision.

Kind regards,
Arjan Tijms

Edwin