Re: [jakarta.ee-community] My Tribute to the Late Bill Shannon

Hi Reza/all,

Thanks a lot, it is really touching. I was also saddened and shocked to hear and having witnessed the cancer death of a person very close over 10 years ago, I can at least somewhat understand what his family went through, but also that he was still very active until more or less the last weeks before his death, I remember he was in the Jakarta EE platform or Spec Committee calls till the last week of April.

I had many bigger or smaller anecdotes and stories I remember about Bill mostly from the JCP time.
The picture in your blog says "20" so it must have been from the 20 years JCP party last year not the 25 years Java this year, maybe you might like to correct that. I really hope that Bill was still able to watch the Java 25th Birthday parties online, I doubt there were many parties in person because of the Corona Crisis anyway this time.
And even if he may not have joined the call with the cupcakes this week celebrating the Jakarta EE 9 Milestone, he was very much aware and influential that we reached this milestone, so most of those cupcakes go to his memory as well.

Kind Regards,

Werner