Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Fork Eclipse MicroProfile Configuration as Jakarta Configuration.

Ed,

Thanks for summarizing the steps and committees for those who are not in them or following them closely.

That's exactly why these decisions would allow "forking" or migrating an old JSR even those dormant or otherwise inactive into Jakarta EE similar to what was done with all the Java EE 8 specs.
Oracle and Ivar know best that for a future EE platform this also affects MVC which is currently a final JSR, and possibly others like Portlets if these technologies are still relevant enough to move them into Jakarta EE.

These committees will have to make similar decisions e.g. about accepting external specs or APIs under a different namespace than "jakarta".
And it's not just about MP here because other communities like IoT already start using the EFSP and we could well have a situation where Jakarta Messaging would like to consume something related to MQTT that's developed under "org.eclipse" and applies the EFSP.

Werner