Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Fork Eclipse MicroProfile Configuration as Jakarta Configuration.

Actually I did not meet Mark in the EC meetings until Sacha Laboury left and founded his own company Cloudbees.
Maybe he was his alternate before and joined only where Sacha could not make it.

Best Regards,

Werner

On Tue, Apr 7, 2020 at 8:32 PM Jason Greene <jason.greene@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Apr 7, 2020, at 8:50 AM, Werner Keil <werner.keil@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

> And those working at companies like Red Hat or IBM now probably still went to University or High School between 2008 and 2010.
>
> So please excuse our "seniority" or experience and don't feel offended or upset, if you only joined after Java EE 7 or even Jakarta EE started.

I wish we were that young!

The folks at Red Hat who have been commenting here have a long history with EE and with specs. I was an EE6 (and later) EG member, Web Beans/CDI EG member, although mostly for EE integration topics), JBoss AS/WF project lead  for many years,  Mark was working in standards since the 90s (OASIS, OTS, JTS, JTA etc) and was a JCP EC member during that time. Scott was an EC member as well, was a part of the JCP community process improvements,  and of course co-founded JBoss. David worked on multiple EE spec and subspec implementations, and  participated on Date/Time, Lambda, EE Concurrency JSRs.

I think everyone in the Jakarta community has great passion and even though that has lead to some spirited debate it’s a good sign that we all still care deeply about enterprise Java!

All the best,

-Jason