If all mailing lists would be active and providing helpful information like the Batch mailing list, then it's much easier to drive people to them and join the discussion.

Another thing that may drive some people away is how mailing lists work. I liked the previous Java EE mailing lists at groups.io. It was very easy to navigate through history, respond to messages right from the there, and even have all the Java EE mailing lists in one place. Compared to that, it's very confusing to use the Eclipse mailing lists as it's very cumbersome to browse the history and almost impossible to respond to a message if you don't find it in your inbox or you've just joined the mailing list. So maybe we can contribute to making the Eclipse mailing list UI better or switch to another solution like groups.io

Ondro

ut 17. 3. 2020 o 6:18 Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> napísal(a):
You might find this page helpful as well:
https://eclipse-ee4j.github.io/jakartaee-platform/Specifications

Hussain.NM@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 3/16/20 6:17 PM:

Thanks
Hussain

From: jakarta.ee-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx <jakarta.ee-community-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Cody Lerum <cody.lerum@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2020 06:41 AM
To: Jakarta EE community discussions <jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>

[External]

Am I just missing it, or is there not a list for Jakarta Faces?

Either way getting the link to the mailing list into the README of the
project is a good idea. That is the way a lot of people will locate
the project via GitHub.

On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 2:10 PM David Blevins <dblevins@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Let me jump in and remind everyone this is a nascent idea, nothing is in production, printed or in any way shipped and refocus this thread.  If there are trademark violations in the proposed design, let's let the Marketing Committee deal with it.
>
> Back on the main idea which is relevant for this list.  The overall goal is to get list participation way up on our specification projects.  We bootstrapped our lists and specification projects with a handful of people.  Some projects have taken off like Jakarta Rest which has 95 subscribers, but most are still on the 20-50 range.
>
> So the primary motivator is getting that list participation up so we can make a big jump in the bootstrapping process and increase the health and diversity of our specification projects overall.
>
> The basic idea:
>
>  - Put together a simple page of all specification lists for easy subscription
>  - Promote that page (a sticker is just one way)
>  - Track list subscription numbers to see how we're doing and measure progress
>
> When the sticker idea came up, conferences were still happening.  They are not now happening.  We probably need to come up with better ideas on how to get the lists page in front of people.
>
> Is there something we can all do as a community to help drive this link in front of people?
>
>  - https://apc01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url="">
>

> -David

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored. This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient(s), please reply to the sender and destroy all copies of the original message. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email, and/or any action taken in reliance on the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. Where permitted by applicable law, this e-mail and other e-mail communications sent to and from Cognizant e-mail addresses may be monitored.