Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [Open Feedback] to this Community via Twitter

Why "unfortunately" you are listed as committer?

reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> schrieb am Fr., 14. Feb. 2020, 07:21:
This is awesome. I will do my part to get the word out. Indeed I will try to see if I can do this myself to add to an example of how this could work. Hopefully that will clear up any confusion and encourage more folks to participate. I fully understand that I can contribute code, but unfortunately I am already listed as a committer for some projects.

Reza Rahman

-------- Original message --------
Date: 2/13/20 9:42 PM (GMT+00:00)
To: Jakarta EE community discussions <jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [Open Feedback] to this Community via Twitter

We've closed the hole. The new Employer Consent Agreement for Eclipse Foundation Specification Projects ("Employer Consent Agreement" or just "Consent Agreement") fills in the missing piece. This new agreement needs to be signed by your employer (somebody with authority to sign on behalf of the organization).

I wrote a blog post that describes this. I'm also putting the finishing touches on a new "Specification Projects" section for the Eclipse Project Handbook that describes this and other aspects of specification development under the EFSP (coming soon).

Here's a quote from the blog post.

If you work for an Eclipse Foundation member company but that company is not a participant in the working group, or you work for a company that is not a member of the Eclipse Foundation at all, then you need to sign the individual working group participation agreement (IWGPA), and your employer needs to sign the Employer Consent Agreement for Eclipse Foundation Specification Projects (which we shorten to "Employer Consent Agreement" or just "Consent Agreement).

The blog post includes a chart to help you understand what agreements are required under what conditions.

The EMO's Committer Agreements process (also referred to as the "Committer Paperwork" process) is mostly automated. If you are not already a committer and are successfully elected to join an Eclipse open source software or specification project team, you will be contacted by the EMO Records Team by email to engage in our agreement workflow which guides you through signing those agreements that you need. Please don't send us documents unless we ask for them. I'll take the opportunity to reinforce that you need to first be nominated and elected by the project committers to become a committer yourself.

Representatives from the EMO Records Team will be reaching out to the handful of committers that we know to have been impacted by this. If you haven't heard from us in about a week, or have any questions, please let me know via email to emo@xxxxxxxxxxx

Note that, if you are currently a committer who is able to do all of the sorts of things that committers should be able to do (i.e., if you can, as a committer, push to your project's repositories), then you're good-to-go.

Also note, that you don't need committer status to contribute. To contribute, sign the Eclipse Contributor Agreement (ECA) and start making pull-requests. When you establish a pattern of providing high-quality contributions to the project, the committers should nominate you to join their ranks.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Wayne