Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [Open Feedback] to this Community via Twitter

Well I'm afraid if his company wants more influence they have to pay for it.

I was always very vocal about the overwhelming number of WGs at Eclipse, also a compelling argument for having just ONE WG for Jakarta EE and Microprofile (otherwise companies like his would have to pay even more ;-) but the general idea of membership supporting an open community is the only way that can survive.

Did you look at CNCF where I was told, unlike Eclipse or (at least there was one) Javaland conferences you're not able to attend the CN4J day unless you also buy a full pass for Kubecon. :-(
Not only small businesses like my own neither have the time nor money to lose client work for a day or more AND having to purchase a full week or day pass to Kubecon just to attend a Java or Microprofile event. Guess both Romaine's company or others including your own (even more if you are independent or work in a small firm) would have the same problem.

And I doubt, Adam Bien would let an Asylum seeker with a degree in IT who was stranded in Munich attend his Airhacks for free so he or she could learn Jakarta EE from a second hand source? ;-)

Regards,
Werner