Re: [jakarta.ee-community] version numbers and release qualifiers

Neither the semantic version spec or maven version compatibility rules
talks about case. The code for validation version compatibility in
maven always checks against the lower cased form of the string:
https://github.com/apache/maven/blob/45076f33a0f38e34c72f2493ae5be484f56466f1/maven-artifact/src/main/java/org/apache/maven/artifact/versioning/ComparableVersion.java#L599

so implicitly the maven community uses case insensitive version
strings based on their code base. No one recommends using version
ranges, and I don't see the point of asking the entire maven community
their opinion on this issue. We just need to impose consistency. Red
Hat is fine with using the proposed upper case qualifiers given in the