Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [microprofile] Bootstrapping Proposals for Technical Alignment discussion

+ jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx

Extending the email to Jakarta EE community also.

Thanks,

Tanja

On 2020-01-27 12:51 a.m., David Blevins wrote:
Hi All,

I'm unfortunately not going to be able to join everyone Tuesday for the discussion technical alignment between MicroProfile and Jakarta EE.  I have a speaking slot at a Sonatype event right on top of the same hour.

As I don't want to be the guy throwing a bomb on the discussion the week after, I've done my best to try and contribute some structure to the conversation we can hopefully use to get somewhere meaningful quickly.

My hope is everyone can read these before the meeting and make them part of the discussion & fill them out further afterwards:

Overview to frame-up the discussion:

 - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-sandbox/blob/71db5e6cc710ef8d4968195527af13b4f1207077/proposals/techical-alignment/README.adoc

Rough proposals (more conversation starters):

 - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-sandbox/blob/71db5e6cc710ef8d4968195527af13b4f1207077/proposals/techical-alignment/proposal-microprofile-becomes-standards-initiative.adoc

 - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-sandbox/blob/71db5e6cc710ef8d4968195527af13b4f1207077/proposals/techical-alignment/proposal-specifications-graduation-to-jakarta.adoc

All these are in this PR which can hopefully get merged prior to the meeting so others can build on it and propose other visions:

 - https://github.com/eclipse/microprofile-sandbox/pull/79

--

Tanja Obradovic

Jakarta EE Program Manager | Eclipse Foundation, Inc.

Twitter: @TanjaEclipse