Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [MP Announcement] Working Group Discussion with technical focus on 1/27 @11am-12pm PDT

Hello Mrs. Eiras,

If you are looking for contributors, I suggest the following:

1. Mark Issues with labels "good first issue" and/or "help wanted".
2. Use micro-tasking:
    - this means small tasks of max 1-2h work
    - if the task requires more than 1-2h work, work with TODOs -- author of the PR leaves TODOs
      in the code which are subsequently turned into Github Issues as future tasks (this process can be automated)
3. Make sure the code is more Object-Oriented, work more with Java Interfaces (it helps microtasking)
4. Have more discipline and communicate more via Github Issue comments rather than meetings and calls.

I've worked for 2-3 years with a distributed team which practiced the above points and we did not have a single
meeting or call. It took me 1 year (!) to realize that the PM was a chatbot.

I'm on this mailing list since a few years already and most mails I see are either marketing or invitations to online meetings/talks,
I strongly believe you need a better model for Distributed development.

Best regards,
Mihai