Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE 9 migration

I am adding some folks here that should help and including the Jakarta EE community alias for greater visibility.

BJ Hargrave did some work on this: https://blog.hargrave.io/2019/10/a-tool-for-jakarta-ee-package-renaming.html. I suggest you join forces with him so things could be accelerated. Pretty much every Jakarta EE 9+ implementation will need this component. The work as far as I know has not started, which means you could kick-start it.

Aside from this, are you interested in contributing to more mundane stuff like doing the actual package renaming on a spec-by-spec basis? That is honestly what the Jakarta EE Ambassadors are trying to build some community contribution towards.

Either way, it would be great to enlist you and the JUG as Jakarta EE Ambassadors.

For now, I am going to help spread word on your blog entry. Are you on Twitter - both you and the JUG? I prefer to do a shout out.

Reza Rahman
Principal Program Manager
Java on Azure

Please note that views here are my own as an individual community member and do not represent the views of my employer.