From: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/8/19 12:00 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: jakartaee-platform developer discussions <jakartaee-platform-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Jakarta EE community discussions <jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [jakartaee-platform-dev] Jakarta EE 9 Delivery Plan

On Fri, Nov 1, 2019 at 8:14 AM reza_rahman <reza_rahman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Thanks Ivar for this important and timely update. When do you think end users should begin to step up to aid delivery?

Is this question about when the community/end users/all should begin to step up to aid delivery, to be answered during the November 12th call?  Or are we waiting until the Jakarta EE 9 plan is finalized in December to decide when to start?

[1][2] are potential pull requests for the (big bang, if we follow that path) switch from javax.* => jakarta.*.

Mostly, I'm wondering if the community should share more pull requests like [1][2] that may or may not be correct (depending on the plan we decide on in December)?  Clearly, if we decide to not do big bang, then [1][2] and any other pull requests like it, may be rejected.  The advantage of sharing these pull requests now, is that anyone that wants to start experimenting now, could use them.

Scott

[1] https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/jpa-api/pull/231

Back to the top