Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Java EE to Jakarta EE vs Jakarta

Sorry, answer:

"In the early days of Java, the Apache Jakarta project was the home of many exciting innovations in the Java ecosystem. It was particularly instrumental in establishing a strong open source community in and around the Java platform. According to Wikipedia the name was originally selected because it was the meeting room used at Sun Microsystems for the meetings that led to the project creation.

In February 2018,  the Community was welcomed to vote on the new name for Java EE. Almost 7,000 community members voted in our community poll, and over 64% voted in favour of Jakarta EE. Read Java EE to Jakarta EE which explains the history behind the name selection.  The Apache Software Foundation kindly allowed the Eclipse Foundation to resume using that name, after it was retired at Apache in 2011."

Best regards/Üdvözlettel
Gergely Molnár