Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [ee4j-community] Eclipse Jakarta EE TCK commiters

I am indeed familiar with the TCK. The reality though is that I am far too busy already to help unless there is a real dearth of people to help and it is holding up progress.

What I am happy to do though is help familiarize other people.

-------- Original message --------
From: Scott Marlow <smarlow@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 9/5/18 3:56 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: jakarta.ee-community@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [jakarta.ee-community] [ee4j-community] Eclipse Jakarta EE TCK commiters

On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 6:31 PM Bill Shannon <bill.shannon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

(Resending to new mailing list address.)

Splitting the CTS project so that each individual TCK is relatively independent is a non-trivial (but not impossible) task.  It should definitely be considered, but it would help to have someone lead that effort who is already familiar with the CTS and the JT Harness framework on which it is built.  Does anyone want to volunteer to do that?

Until that is done, updates to the tests for each API will need to be done in the CTS repository.  We'll definitely need contributors from each API project to update the tests as the API evolves.  If you want to help with that, you should start becoming familiar with the JT Harness framework.

Is help needed to get the CTS migrated over to Jakarta?  I assume we will still use ant (which is a huge improvement over the earlier need for multiple make tools needed on some platforms :-)

Scott

Back to the top