Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE in the future

Hi Aislan,

There is a lot of Fear, Uncertainty, and Doubt starting to surface around Java but I would not be concerned. Both the Java and JavaEE/JakartaEE platforms are in transition right now with both becoming stronger more competitive platforms.  Java is the most widely used programming language today and is therefore unlikely to go away in the foreseeable future. There are other language and platform options, but Java continues to dominate.  The new changes to JavaSE and JavaEE/JakartaEE are only going to increase adoption and improve the platform, so right now would be a poor time to move to something else.

In fact, it's the best time to be adopting JavaSE and JakartaEE because you are on the bottom floor of big changes that will have an important impact on the future of both platforms for the next 20 years.  Web development with Java is not in doubt or going away, it may evolve but understanding Servlets, Java ServerPages, and Java ServerFaces are still important and necessary skills moving forward.  Master them and you will be able to evolve with the platform and never want for work.

All the best,

Richard Monson-Haefel