Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Why not dropping EARs in Jakarta EE?

I am agree with Jason. We shouldn't gasp time and a lot energy for remove specifications. We would augment interest of platform by build new functionality, new API and perhaps new profile.

-- Lilian.

On 2018-04-30 17:13, Jason Greene wrote:
Well said. We should focus our energy on defining the APIs and
technology of the future, not so much on what to drop. Dropping tech
has a huge cost, namely in limiting adoption, and alienating existing
users. A major strength of Java EE and SE in the past is that they
have preferred a more natural model of preserving old behavior that is
eventually phased out. Before you can take that step though, you have
to have something new that truly is better.

-Jason

On Apr 30, 2018, at 7:53 AM, Mrinal Kanti <mrinal.kanti@xxxxxxxxx>