Re: [jakarta.ee-community] Why not dropping EARs in Jakarta EE?

Hi,

thanks for all you comments on this subject. Basically I am convinced that EARs were originally a fine idea. And I am developing an open source project[1] based on EAR since years.

But the concept of a separation between the role of developers, deployers and administrators, which is central to EARs, in my opinion, has never been properly understood. And that results in the lacking support and all this discussions in which one talks past each other.

Ears can continue to be part of the spec. I have no problem with that. But I think EARs should no longer be recommended as best practice in the future. There are better concepts out now.

[1] https://github.com/imixs/imixs-office-workflow

best regards
Ralph

Back to the top