[jakarta.ee-community] Jakarta EE logo selection - community vote results

All,

Hopefully everyone noticed that earlier today a new Jakarta EE website was launched.  It’s at https://jakarta.ee.

The new website highlights a number of new things, including the results of the inaugural Jakarta EE developer survey, the creation of the Jakarta EE working group, and the official winning logo for Jakarta EE!!

Thank you to James Cobb from Red Hat, who is the designer of the new logo.  FYI, we received 2090 votes from the community in the logo selection process, with James’ design being the clear winner.  In fact, James’ design received 763 first place votes, more than 300 greater than any of the other choices. It was also one of the top 3 selections of 1578 voters, as compared to 1332 for the runner up. The final voting results are shown in the attached image, for those who are interested.

Once again, thank you to all of the designers who took the time to submit designs - your contribution is greatly appreciated.  And thank you again to the 2090 people who voted - it shows the continued interest in the new Jakarta EE community.

We believe the new logo will serve the Jakarta EE community very well over the coming months and years.

Regards,
Paul

Paul White
+1.613.852.4303 (mobile)