Re: [iot-wg] Welcome to the "iot-wg" mailing list

Hi everyone, Iâm Tim, working at BREDEX in Germany. Iâm the technical lead for our IoT working group at the company. Iâm working on IoT both in terms of architecture and also in terms of quality â Iâm a trainer for the Certified Professional for IoT.

The projects that Iâve worked on so far include:

  • A smart office prototype for showing âto dosâ in the office (turn lights off, close windows etc). Technology stack included: ESP8266 and Raspberry Pi as IoT devices, Mosquitto MQTT broker, OpenHAB/custom backend with an Angular frontend. Weâve done some PoC testing for mocking MQTT packets for use in web frontend tests.
  • Various IoT demonstration boards to show customers various setups and to evaluate test scenarios: Technology: Bosch XDK IoT Device, connected via MQTT to NodeRED/OpenHAB/Grafana with InfluxDB. Weâre currently looking at integrating Eclipse Kura and / or Apache Edgent as Gateways.
  • A pilot project for an industrial customer to evaluate and consult on their quality strategy for remote maintenance for their metal-pressing machines. Here weâre looking at architecture, design for testability, robustness, remote deployment, data privacy and security.

Alex Schladebeck alerted me to the call for PC members for the IoT day. Iâd love to be involved â I attended the IoT day last year and would be excited to contribute to its continued success this year! Let me know ð

Greetings

Tim

Bredex Logo

BREDEX GmbH
Lindentwete 1
38100 Braunschweig

Tel.: +49 531 24330-0
Fax: +49 531 24330-99

GeschÃftsfÃhrer: Andreas Vogel, Ulrich Obst, Achim LÃrke
Amtsgericht Braunschweig HRB 2450

www.bredex.de

PNG image