[iot-wg] IoT Community Update - May 2016

Hello everyone,

This is the second edition of the IoT monthly community update and there are many cool things happening! If you missed it last month, I will be sending an email every month to summarize what has been happening in the Eclipse IoT community. Feel free to send comments, suggestions, or contributions to iot@xxxxxxxxxxx.

New Project
Eclipse Kapua, a new proposal for an IoT Server Platform https://projects.eclipse.org/proposals/eclipse-kapua

New Project Logo
Eclipse hawkBit has a new logo!
https://projects.eclipse.org/projects/iot.hawkbit

Project Articles

Scalable IoT messaging with Eclipse Hono
https://medium.com/@hekonsek/scalable-iot-messaging-with-eclipse-hono-1d3f6a1b68c3#.l8crkkcnl

IoT Community News
Samsung ARTIK IDE Powered by Eclipse Che now available to IoT developers
https://www.artik.io/2016/04/samsung-artik-ide-powered-by-eclipse-che/

Congratulations to Solair for being acquired by Microsoft
http://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2016/05/03/microsoft-acquires-solair-to-help-customers-harness-the-power-of-the-internet-of-things/

Past Conferences
Two weeks ago, we attend, presented and had a booth at IoT World in Santa Clara. It was a great event! Here is a summary of what we learnt:
https://blog.benjamin-cabe.com/2016/05/16/5-things-i-learnt-at-iot-world-2016

Upcoming Conferences
EclipseCon France 2016
June 7 - 9 | Toulouse, France
https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2016/
IoT Track: https://www.eclipsecon.org/france2016/session-tracks/iot-and-embedded

ThingMonk + IoT Day
Sept 12 - 14 | London, UK
http://thingmonk.com/

EclipseCon Europe 2016
- IoT Day Oct 25
- IoT Unconference Oct 24
Oct 25 - 27 | Ludwigburg, Germany
https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2016/iot
We are looking for Program Committee members for the IoT Day, volunteer today!

Call for Papers
Here are the call for papers that are currently open. It's time to start typing!

ETSI IoT/M2M Workshop 2016 featuring the Smart World
Call for presentations/demos open now until June 30
Nov 14-17 | Sophia Antipolis, France
http://www.etsi.org/news-events/events/1086-2016-11-etsi-iot-m2m-workshop-2016-featuring-the-smart-world

EclipseCon Europe 2016 / IoT Day
Call for papers now open until July 18
Oct 25-27 | Ludwigsburg, Germany
https://www.eclipsecon.org/europe2016/cfp

ThingMonk
Call for papers now open until August 15
Sept 12-14 | London, UK
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1IBJ53QbMI6165THIH2OuUq4I9H0V_yMc56rfMwHBqKU/viewform?c=0&w=1

Virtual IoT Meetup
Here are the upcoming and past Virtual IoT webinars. If you have ideas about what we should feature in future sessions, please let us know!

Upcoming
June 2: Concierge - Bringing OSGi (back) to Embedded Devices
http://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/230989464/

June 16: Getting Started with a W3C Web of Things Project
http://www.meetup.com/Virtual-IoT/events/231362867/

Recently Aired
Software Updates in IoT with Eclipse hawkBit
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-dhKMaaanE

PlatformIO: a cross-platform IoT solution to build them all!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6t7UbX812Yw

Regards,
Roxanne

Roxanne Joncas