[iot-wg] New container project for protocols?

Hi all,

As discussed at today’s unconference, I’d like to trigger the discussion around a possible Orbit-like container project for not-maintained-at-Eclipse protocol implementations.

To do a start, there are currently two projects that Eclipse SmartHome is using:
http://jupnp.org/ - an embedded-OSGi optimized fork of the Cling library for UPnP support
http://jmdns.org - a Bonjour/ZeroConf/mDNS implementation in Java, which is especially very relevant when ever you have to deal with Apple devices.

What I would actually like to see as new protocol implementations maintained at Eclipse are implementations of these new OSGi specs:

If we cannot reach this goal, having these libs approved as a dependency, might be an option as well: http://zb4osgi.aaloa.org/ for ZigBee and https://github.com/aleon-GmbH/aleoncean for EnOcean.

Best regards,
Kai

P.S.: I cross-posted this to the iot-wg as I doubt that I will otherwise reach all interested persons - answers should be posted to the iot-pmc mailing list.

Back to the top