Re: [iot-wg-integration] Notes from last week's integration meeting

Hi Kai,

yes QoS zero should be ok for the subscription, the request message and the response message.

Since a command is a synchronous interaction from the application to the device, if for any reason a response is not received, for example because of a message that was not delivered, the application knows that something went wrong and can take some action to handle the case.

While checking the documentation for Hono Command&Control [1], I noticed a couple of things that I wanted to ask you.

In the paragraph "Command & Control over MQTT Adapter" you say that requests are sent to:

- control/[tenant]/[device-id]/req/<req-id>/<command>

while responses are received from:

- control/[tenant]/[device-id]/res/<req-id>/<status>

In the picture however the <command> and the <request-id> are swapped. I suppose the first one is the right one, is that correct ? If so, then it matches the proposal no.2 at page five of the Toulouse document, which is fine.

Regarding the <command>, is that a single token or can it be a sequence of tokens ? The second would be easier to manage for us (and for Kura) since Kura commands are can be something like "CONF-V1/GET/configurations". Do you plan to have some well-known piece of information after the <command> in the future ?

Stefano

[1] - https://www.eclipse.org/hono/concepts/command-and-control/