[incubation] Considering renaming CogniCrypt project

Dear all,

over the past couple of years it has become clear that the tooling provided by CogniCrypt is very useful in a much more general way than originally intended. In particular, CogniCrypt can be used to enforce the correct usage of any API, crypto-related or not.

The name CogniCrypt has shown to be confusing to many users because of this. As a result, we (committers) are considering renaming that project to something more generic. This new, more generic project would then only have a crypto-related component, whose name would likely continue to be CogniCrypt.

My question is now: if we decide to go through with this, what is the process? Is there a precedent for this?

Best wishes
Eric

Back to the top