Re: [incubation] Is there a recommended public storage for bigger static files (on an Eclipse server) ?

Google Drive adds the requirement that the project team manage who has access to the project resources stored there (we would consider it an external resource that needs to be managed in a neutral manner).

This seems like a problem for which we should have a better answer. Please open a bug against Community/Website that we can use to gather requirements and engage the webdev team to sort out a solution.

Wayne

On Fri, May 8, 2020 at 1:07 PM Kevin Sutter <sutter@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Mackamul,
I know many of the Eclipse Projects that I work with just use a Google Drive to store these type of artifacts.  Maybe that's another alternative for you...

Kevin Sutter
STSM, MicroProfile and Jakarta EE architect @ IBM
phone: tl-553-3620 (office), 507-253-3620 (office)
LinkedIn:

From:        "Mackamul Harald (CR/ADT3)" <Harald.Mackamul@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        "incubation@xxxxxxxxxxx" <incubation@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:        05/08/2020 11:25
Subject:        [EXTERNAL] [incubation] Is there a recommended public storage for bigger static files (on an Eclipse server) ?
Sent by:        incubation-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

we (as an Eclipse project) have some static files we want to publish:

- Slides (PDF), e.g. New and noteworthy, Migration guide, ...

- HTML help (ZIP), also for previous versions

Is there a recommended storage ?

I see several possibilities:

1. Main project website

            Disadvantage: multiple storage locations in git repositories

(1. uploaded to web repo, 2. copied to www repo by Jenkins job, 3. mirrored on webserver)

2. Download area

            Disadvantage: complicated procedure with Jenkins jobs to copy content

3. Eclipse Wiki

            Advantage: upload is easy to handle

Best regards

Harald