[incubation] Bundle JRE -- License and Technicl Questions

Hi,

The Eclipse N4JS project wants to bundle JRE (9 or 11) with its N4JS IDE.

I know that in the past this was not possible due to license issues of the Java JRE.
Things have changed with JRE 9/11 and OpenJDK.

Has anyone already done this? I have basically the following questions

1) What JRE can we bundle?
2) Do we need to file a CQ?
3) Has anyone done this already so that we can also have a look how to do this (via Jenkins/Maven scripts)?

Best Regards,

Jens von Pilgrim
(Project Lead Eclipse N4JS)

Back to the top