Re: [incubation] questions about inclusion of legal docs in distribution

Jeen,

I very much sympathize with your feelings on the notice being misleading; I was told to do it this way as well.

RE your second question, the format; my project, Spatial4j, graduated from incubation with a notice in Markdown format.  Feel free to take it:
https://github.com/locationtech/spatial4j/blob/master/notice.md

~ David