Gesendet: Freitag, 24. Juni 2016 um 17:18 Uhr
Von: "Wayne Beaton" <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>
An: incubation@xxxxxxxxxxx
Betreff: Re: [incubation] wrap binaries into a plugin

EPL is certainly our preference for dual licensing; I'm curious to know why it's not included on the list of potential selections.

The preferred means of distributing a third-party library in an OSGi context is to turn the JAR into a standalone bundle that can be independently managed, and easily leveraged and shared by multiple consumers. The Orbit project mailing list (orbit-dev) is a good place to find advice on this topic. You might also be able to get some help from the EBR project; EBR provides templates and tools for creating bundles from third-party libraries.

If there are technical limitations that make it impossible for the library to be a standalone bundle, embedding a third-party JAR is technically possible.

Note that the Eclipse Planning Council adds some restrictions in this area for projects that participate in the simultaneous releases.

HTH,

Wayne