Re: [ide4edu-dev] Problem editing dependencies

I believe that there are preferences settings that we may be able to tweak to tune the way proposals pop up.

Trying to push a change into the Platform code is my second choice for solving this.

Forking Platform code is a distant third choice.

What Bug # are you working from?

Wayne

Maxime Caron wrote:
I would like to change de behavior of the code-completion.
It's located in org.eclipse.jface.text.contentassist.
I unfortunatly the only extension point i found are
javaCompletionProposalComputer and javaCompletionProposalSorters.
But they seem to be only to provide  proposal content and not to change the
behavior of the editor and completionProposalPopup.
For exemple, when it is trigerred and when it get hidden.

Selon Wayne Beaton <wayne@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

You should not be modifying org.eclipse.jface.text. Such modifications
will be difficult to work with moving forward. Forking code always
introduces maintenance issues (we've already seen this with the JavaLite
wizards).

What are you trying to do? i.e. why do you feel that you need to edit
org.eclipse.jface.text?

Wayne

Maxime Caron wrote:
Hope someone can help me on that.
I wanted to edit org.eclipse.jface.text from the "plug-in Dependencies".
Like it is explained in :

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=488937&S=bb31114196f608128911100a58e42ed4#msg_488937
I used right-click on and "import as source project" but got missing
ressource
because it didn't extracted the image file.
I then tried to add the original jar to the classpath, it worked but when i
start the editor i got a problem that i can no longer type the period key.
"it work if i dont do import as source project".
I also tried to copy the missing image in the source project and got the
same
problem. Please note that i didn't change any line only did an import.

For further information on the problem see :

http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&th=155091&start=0&S=bb31114196f608128911100a58e42ed4

Maxime Caron
Étudiant Bac informatique, Université de Sherbrooke
maxime.caron2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
maxime.caron@xxxxxxxxx