Re: [ide-dev] Highlights for 2021-03 landing page

Awesome! I really hope the Mac Arm64 jars make it to mavencentral with the rest of the jars!

Ned Twigg
Lead Software Engineer, DiffPlug LLC
540-336-8043 (cell)
888-513-6870 (fax)
340 S Lemon Ave #343
3, Walnut, CA 91789

On Thu, Mar 4, 2021 at 6:28 AM Lakshmi P Shanmugam <lshanmug@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

The Eclipse IDE landing page highlights some of the features of the release. Please see landing pages for the past releases - https://www.eclipse.org/eclipseide/2020-09/ and https://www.eclipse.org/eclipseide/2020-12 for examples.

Similar to the previous release, we would like to gather inputs from the community on features that can be highlighted on the page for 2021-03 release.

The content we have so far is:

1. Latest Java and JUnit support - Supports Java 16 via Eclipse MarketPlace and JUnit 5.7.1

2. Experimental Edge support - Experimental support for Microsoft Edge Browser on Windows is available

3. Improved Java Development Tooling - Parallel index search enabled for improved performance, many new cleanups and quick assists added

4. Early Access Mac Arm64 support - SWT libraries for Mac Arm64 are available as Early Access builds

Please provide your inputs on any other features or points that can be added to the page for this release.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks & Regards,
Lakshmi P Shanmugam,
Eclipse Platform Co-lead,